- Provides the basic knowledge and understanding of the key requirements of the ISO 31000 Standard and integrates risk management into an organization’s governance and management systems. It will cover the new structure of the ISO 31000 family of standards, the risk management framework and process, plus the 11 risk management principles upon which the Standard is based.
- The 11 Risk Management Principles
- The Risk Management Framework (Mandate & Commitment, Risk Appetite, Design & Implementation Components: Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- The Risk Management Process (Context, Assessment, Treatment, Communication & Consultation, Monitoring & Review)
Builds on the previous course “Introduction to ISO 31000” and emphasizes the practical implementation aspects of the risk management framework using CSA Q31001-11 – Implementation Guide to CAN/CSA ISO 31000 Risk Management - Principles and Guidelines. Participants will have working knowledge of how to adapt their current setting to a phased implementation plan.
- The design and implementation of enterprise risk management based on international and national best practices
- Examples and applied risk management knowledge for public, private and non-profi t organizations
- Challenges with other Canadian organizations
- Design and implementation success techniques